Oxford life. Thirtysomething challenges. Music leanings. Anything really.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

It's still sad, pt II

On Thursday night, radio 1 did it's Keep It Peel tribute night. I listened to most of it; it was great. And at what point did I shed a tear? At the point that Trencher played, followed by some country music.

Trencher are grindcore - absurdly fast drums, riffs so heavy they fall out of the speaker, lumber across the floor and take a chainsaw to your head, and vocals that remind me of a post-curry bowel movement.

I'd never buy any grindcore, but it's great music. It's ridiculous, loud, and unpleasant. But at the same time, it's angry, different, and exciting. What made me sad was that Peel was the only person who would play it. Maybe I could find a grindcore internet radio station, but what's the point of that? Noone would mimic the variety that John Peel could manage.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?