Oxford life. Thirtysomething challenges. Music leanings. Anything really.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

When Helly Hansen isn't good enough

Out on the bike tonight for a two hour slop through the Chilterns with Matt.

The route was tough, the tracks were slip slidey surf-tastic. It was finger-freezing cold, not helped by a 20 minute puncture nightmare that required three tubes to fix. By the time we got back on the bikes, everything was numb.

Due to a cock up with the laundry, though, I didn't have my winter riding leggings available, so thought I would make do with normal cycle shorts with helly hansen thermals underneath.

A big mistake - the water carried up under the short. When I got home and stripped, it looked like I'd been having a bad case of diarrhea for the evening.

So kids, don't go wearing those thermals if you're heading out to the muddy hills, y'all hear, now?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?