Oxford life. Thirtysomething challenges. Music leanings. Anything really.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Back in the mud

I finally went mountain biking again yesterday. Four months off the trails, it was a pleasure to get extremely muddy around the Ridgeway on a Trailbreak Orienteering event.

Why did I think there was no fun in pushing a mud-laden bike through ankle-deep gloop?

When did the need to spend an hour after the ride cleaning me, the bike, and my clothes become too much of a hassle?

How did I come to believe that the grinding sounds your bike makes is the sound of money ready to be spent to fix things?

And at what stage was a 7am start too early?

Those were the things that stopped me riding a few months ago. I just couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

But yesterday, it all made its perverse sense once more.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?