Oxford life. Thirtysomething challenges. Music leanings. Anything really.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Role reversal

In a strange turn up, it's me that's not able to sleep tonight. Often, I drop off instantly, to the frustration of insomnia-prone L. Tonight, however, she's snoozing happily and I'm anxious. But why?

Is it the January abstension from alcohol?

Is it anxiety about the need to get more work from more clients?

Is it just the fact that we went to bed at 9pm and my body's in holiday mode?

The alcohol abstension is a toughie. Over recent months I have been quaffing more real ale. I love it, it's smooth and mouth-filling textures, and it's hearty flavours make it hard for me to resist.

At home, we've gotten into a habit of drinking wine most nights. Simple relaxant that it is, it's habit forming.

One day in, and I think that's contributing to my wakefulness.

Work? Yes, I need more. Freelancing just isn't the dream life that it's cracked up to be.

Holiday mode? I don't think I have been to bed earlier than 11pm much this holiday, and maybe I just can't sleep so early on.

New year, then. Time to cleanse the body and mind. And get rid of the beer gut that I have. This time, I really do have one, and that is inexcusable.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?