Oxford life. Thirtysomething challenges. Music leanings. Anything really.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Thirty word reviews

A new year's resolution is to record the films, gigs, books and other cultural things I read/see/hear. Why? Because there are so many things I see that are forgettable. But I don't want to.

I want to remember that I saw a band called Prolapse at the Point in 1996 (and at a pub in Bristol, and supporting the god-awful Dubstar). That a wierd film called Salute of the Jugga entertained me as a teenager. And that an innocent little book called Are You Experienced had me hooting with laughter a couple of years ago.

Clearly, those three are minnows in the world of culture, but I do remember them. But I don't know which ones I have forgotten.

I will blog the things I do, but I don't want to become some pseudo reviewer, with no talent, so I'll restrict them to 30 words each. And remember, they are more for my benefit than anyone else!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?